Duties of a Company Director
A company director is a natural person (i.e. company or business entities cannot be appointed as a director) that oversees the overall operations of the company.
A director is the person in charge of managing the affairs of the company. He must make decisions objectively and in the best interests of the company.
In Singapore, as mandated by the Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA) and The Companies’ Act, all companies must appoint a local resident director. This person must be a Singaporean, a Permanent resident of Singapore or a person who holds an Employment Pass/EntrePass with a residential address in Singapore (subjected to approval by the Ministry of Manpower).
As long as this requirement is fulfilled, other non-local directors can be appointed. There is no limit on the number of additional local or foreign directors a Singapore Private Limited Company can appoint. Information of the directors will appear on public records. Directors can also be shareholders or vice versa.
What are the requirements to be a Director?
- - At least 18 years old;
- - Of full legal capacity;
- - Cannot be disqualified from acting as a director of a company e.g. an undischarged bankrupt.
What can I do if I do not have a local director?
If you do not have a local director, you can choose to engage a nominee director service when you incorporate with us.
A nominee director functions as the director of a company for meeting the legal requirement to own a local director. The nominee director acts passively and his/her position in the company is limited.
Basic Requirements for
Singapore Company Registration
Once you fulfill the above criteria, you can proceed to incorporate your Singapore company.
Same Price for Foreigners & Locals
S$795 only – No Hidden Fees!
- Processing and Filing Fees – S$180
- Government Fees – S$315
- 50% OFF 1st Year Secretarial Service – S$300
- FREE Co-sharing Lounge and Business Clubhouse usage for 3 months from incorporation (worth S$165)
- FREE usage of Conference & Meeting Room for 3 months from incorporation (4 hours/month, worth S$200)
- FREE due diligence of up to 2 local officers (worth S$200)
- FREE Share Certificates
- FREE Company Profile
- FREE assistance for bank account opening with a bank of your choice
- FREE Memorandum & Articles of Associations
- FREE First Director’s Minutes
- FREE E-Certificate of Incorporation
- FREE Attestations and Witnessing
How to use our service:
If you are in Singapore
Simply come to our office with the NRICs/passports of all the directors and shareholders or fill in the online form here and we will get back to you shortly
If you are Overseas
Click here to submit the required information and we will get back to you shortly.
**Additional Charges (If applicable)
- The package fee covers 2 persons for incorporation. Each additional person will be charged at $50.
- A fee of $50.00 will be charged for each Corporate Shareholder.
- A fee of $30.00 will be charged for any change in company’s name after reservation.
- A fee of $60.00 will be charged for conversion from Business to Pte. Ltd. Company.
- Payment by Credit Cards or NETS will be subjected to additional processing charges payable to government.
- Package does not include customized M&AA or different Capital Structure
directors directorship director local foreigners incorporation pte ltd private limited company business register registration start up open new incorp directors directorship director local foreigners incorporation pte ltd private limited company business register registration start up open new incorp directors directorship director local foreigners incorporation pte ltd private limited company business register registration start up open new incorp